Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Frustrated with No Support Contact Info

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks. This is my first post. I bought the Envy notebook back in February. The battery does not hold a charge, and although unused discharges completely within 2 weeks. I cannot find a support telephone # online, or chat link, or location of HP service center anywhere to to get this hardware issue to the attention of HP. and get it resolved. HP's website is extremely unhelpful. Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
44100 3275 13674
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This should help >>Contact HP You will need to find your serial number and full model number to access support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44100 3275 13674
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried disabling Fast startup to see if that changes battery behavior?

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

0 Kudos
Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Cheryl, but I am apparently doing something wrong because the Envy Notebook User Support link goes to Page Not Found. Still no number, no chatroom, no address to drive there... I am frustrated.

0 Kudos
Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is intriguing. Just made the changes recommended. Will see how well the battery holds a charge over the next few days. Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44100 3275 13674
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hopefully the setting change will help. As for the link to Support not working it may have been a temporary glitch. I have seen a few reports of problems on the site.

0 Kudos
Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I charged the notebook this morning and unplugged it at 1pm.  Will check it in a couple of days for leakage.

As for the HP support site, I am very disappointed.  Impossible to contact anyone, and I even had spent the money to buy an extended warranty with HP.  It looked like they took the money and vanished. Hope it was just a glitch.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44100 3275 13674
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is a glitch ,I'm sure. I have seen others having trouble reaching some support pages. It worked for me tonght when I tried it with my model but may not be all models pages.

I will ask for someone to look into your issue.

0 Kudos
Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Cheryl. You have been extremely helpful, and I appreciate it.

Seawall Tutor
Tutor
8 0 3
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After recharging my Envy notebook, and after following the advice to remove the faststart sleep mode, I turned it on this afternoon, 6 days later. The battery is at 81%. To me, that 19% drop in six days while not even on suggests there is still a battery issue. So, I suspect I will need to contact HP Support to find out how to get this repaired. 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation