cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EBMOM Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fully charged HP stream laptop will not power on

HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This happened once before when I first purchased the laptop for my daughter.   I called tech support and they had me push a series of function keys to get it started.  I really wish I wrote it all down as now it is out of warranty!  

The laptop does not power on nor does it show a light when plugged in.  The screen is completely blank and no lights. I tried the hard reset and no result.  Please help this is my daughters laptop for school.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fully charged HP stream laptop will not power on

Thanks for stopping by @EBMOM,

Here on the HP Support Forums, you have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are having an issue with the Notebook not turning on. 

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop.

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Did you receive any error messages?

Can you get into the BIOS?

Have you tried to Test for Hardware Failures?

I know it sounds silly, but have you tried to plug it into a different outlet in your home? 

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV to see if the screen will come on?

Do you hear the fan running at all?

Please follow the Computer Won't Start document first, then if that does not work, let me know. 

Have you done a BIOS reset?

To perform a BIOS Recovery manually please follow these steps:

• Turn off the computer.
  • Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

While the computer is still off:

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
  • Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the UEFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive. For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document:  Restoring the BIOS

Others joining in might have the same issue and if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others, please click the Accept as Solution button.

You can also say thanks or give a virtual high five easily by clicking the Thumbs Up.

Thank you for joining in with your experience!

Let me know how this goes and what the results of the troubleshooting steps provided were. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation