Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Xz046ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So my hp notebook pc was a windows 8, it gave me an option to upgrade to windows 10 so I did.....now a few months later its completely wiped and is giving me a hord disk 1 (301) error. When I've tried doing the system diagnostic test it goes blank as soon as it hits the hp advance screen and then says....Preparing for automatic repairing. It does however let me go into the settings of the system when I hit F12 or F10 whichever one. I need help fixing it why did it happen?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is an older machine. The error messages point toward a hard drive issue. The upgrade months ago to Windows 10 is not the reason; the hard drive has just gone bad and needs to be replaced. Post back with any more questions. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.