cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

G6-2235us Freezes, Hangs at HP Logo Spinning Wheel Circle

HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-2235us
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I need help with my Pavilion G6-2235us  About every time windows restarts it freezes at the HP Logo Spinning Circle (for hours), the only Temp "fix" is(for me) by holding the power button to Power-off and then power back On, after that sometimes windows loads... or it goes to the Automatic Repair Loop.

It came with Win8 x64 pre-installed and trying also to update to Win 8.1 x64... or just to be able to have regular security updates.

I have Re-installed Windows many times. Reinstalling Win8 using HP Recovery works fine until Updates installs (not 8.1... just updates), it always gets the Error: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer"... and it hags there foreve.

This is what I have tried:

-Hardware Scan: All Pass

-Seure Mode Off & On (after and before install)

-Legacy Support Enabled & Disabled (after and before install)

-Turn Off Fast Startup

-chkdsk scans (no errors)
-sfc scans (no errors)

-Reinstalled Win8 with: HP Minimized Image Recovery (Using HP Recovery discs/dvds)

-Reinstalled Win8 with: HP Minimized Image Recovery (Using hard Drive Partition)

-Reinstalled Win8 with: HP Full Factory Restore (Using HP Recovery discs/dvds)

-Reinstalled Win8.1 with: ISO Image from Microsoft od DVD disc (clean Install)

-Reinstalled Win8.1 with: ISO Image from Microsoft on USB  - UEFI Mode (Clean Install)

-Reinstalled Win8.1 with: ISO Image from Microsoft on USB  - NOT UEFI Mode (Clean Install)

-New Hard Drive ( All Installations Above)

-Updated drivers on Windows 8 and 8.1

-Update HP Software / Without HP Software

-Updated Bios to F.26

-Downgraded Bios to F.23

-Downgrade Bios to F.17

Please help...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@0Manu0,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  If you have already done multiple reinstalls of the operating system from the recovery partition to bring it back to the original configuration and still have this issue.  You are dealing with a corruption in the hardware somewhere.  

I say this becuse you have mentioned other Windows ISO installs that have failed.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I was able to resolve the problem... No more HP spinning Circle loop, at least for now.

Windows Installed: Win8.1 UEFI Mode with Microsoft ISO Image on USB

I was suspicious about the OS Boot Manager under UEFI Boot Order... but there is no option for "Internal Hard Drive" like in Legacy Boot Order and looks like UEFI has priority over Legacy, even if Legacy is enable. So I took a look at the "Partitions" created automatically by Windows Installation.

What I did:

-Downgraded to Bios F.17 (not sure if was needed, probably not)

-Used "DiskPart"

-diskpart found 4 Partitions:

#1 Recovery (300MB)
#2  EFI (100MB)
#3  MSR (128MB)
#4  C: (698GB)

-Deleted these 2 Partitions:
1 Recovery 300MB
3 MSR 128MB

Could not delete the EFI Partition (maybe a good thing) but by Deleting those other two the HP Logo loop is gone! Now after PowerOn or Restarts, the HP logo spinning circle takes a couple of seconds and Windows 8.1 loads normal. I'm not sure if deleting both partitions was needed but it's working.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation