Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
momspcs7 Tutor
Tutor
5 0 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G72 Windows Updates Fails after running HP Recovery

I recently had a Hard Drive failure on an HP G72 notebook. I ordered recovery disk from HP. The recovery disk arrived and I did a complete HP Recovery. I then went into Windows Update, clicked the "Get Updates" button and nothing happens. No Error nothing. I then download and tried to install SP2 and I get and error. I was able to download and install JAVA and Adobe updates. I was able to surf the net.  I redownloaded all of the drivers and still no updates. I reformated the drive and ran the recovery again, still no updates. I searched through the internet for 3 days, ran the recovery 3 more times and still no update.

Finally, I found a blurb on the internet about going to Intels website and downloading a new driver and trying it. I was thinking to myself why would a driver stop Windows Update from running??? Being desperate I tried it and low and behold it solved my problem. The driver is the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver".

Please HP, put this driver on the Driver update page.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Erik91 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
momspcs7 Tutor
Tutor
5 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Only took 4 years??

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Erik91 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They did it before, I don't know exactly when. I had the same issue one month ago and your post helped me a lot.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation