cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SHERYL41
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

GET WINDOWS BACK

HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK CND5483L6K

I reset my laptop yesturday and the windows was installing and i went to move my laptop and the battery came out and when i put the battery in again it said that window install was 64 % and then it went off and came back on and now it shows 645 and then it goes off and comes back on and  says  64%  again. How can i fix my laptop where the window will come back on.I got windows 10. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SHERYL41

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (Based on the serial# CND5483L6K). I read that while resetting the laptop to factory settings, the battery came out and after you put it back in, it shows that Windows is installing at 64% and goes off and comes back on again. I'll do my best to help you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Was the AC adapter connected when the battery fell out or was the laptop powered on only using the battery?
  • Did you try to initiate the system recovery (reset process) again? By hitting the F11 key at startup?
  • If there are any other USB devices connected to the laptop then please disconnect them. 

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the below steps:

• Power off the laptop. You may have to press and hold the power button for few seconds until the laptop powers off.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then please run the hard drive diagnostics on the laptop using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Hard Drive - There are six hard drive tests, please run the quick test first. If the quick test passes then initiate the extensive test.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

If the hard drive tests good then let us try to perform a system recovery (reinstall Windows) again. Make sure that the ac adapter is connected till the recovery completes: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

NOTE: Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" from the above link. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation