Note on archived topics.
05-31-2012 08:36 AM
Please could someone help ... got this laptop today .. and it asked me for a password to start .. now .. it is asking for it every time .. and as no one but myself to use this laptop .. want to reset starting up ... and not have a password
Thanks in advance for any help
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-31-2012 10:36 AM
If this is your Windows log-on password, try the following.
Open windows Control Panel, in the top right of this window click the dropdown menu for 'View by' and select Large Icons. Now click User Accounts, click the Remove password link, enter the current password and then click the 'Remove Password' button.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
05-28-2016 04:58 AM
05-10-2019 08:50 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!