Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

Got Recovery media for HP Envy as DVD discs, but the laptop doesn't have dvd drive

Product Name: Envy j107tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having issues with the recovery media which i created with the HP  Recovery manager application. So i contacted customer care and they ordered a HP recovery media after asking my address. When i received the package I found that it consists of DVD discs only while my laptop model doesn't have DVD drive. When i further contacted them they are saying to arrange for an external DVD writer or go to service center where they will recover and they will charge for it. So why the person who ordered the recovery media didn't check that my model has no DVD drive. He had access to that information.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)

Re: Got Recovery media for HP Envy as DVD discs, but the laptop doesn't have dvd drive

Hello@raniphore,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation