Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
30 20 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Graphic Card Not Working!

HP Recommended

My laptop's graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6490) has suddenly stopped working.There are no errors displayed,no yellow exclamation marks in device manager.Everything seems fine however all my games which used to run on high settings now barely run on low.Only small games are able to run and that is because the onboard Intel graphics can only support these small games.How do i fix this.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You made one big mistake. You bought HP laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,228
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Hallucinogen-X

If I were you I would check to ensure that the drivers are up to date you can follow the link below and run their Find a Driver prompt in the upper right.

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

If this does not resolve your issue please post additional information such as model/product number, and if anything happened around the time the issue occurred such as a Windows Update or something of that nature.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please re-post if you need further assistance.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
30 20 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I fixed the problem by disabling switchable graphics in BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how disable switchable graphics from BIOS ? i dont have this option!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation