Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nitroemboar Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics card upgrade?

HP Pavilion dv7t-3000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really need a new graphics card. Gaming is near impossible even though I have a great cpu and 8 gb of RAM, all because of my GeForce 230M graphics card. Is it possible for me to upgrade my graphics card? And if I can what should I upgrade it to? If I can't should I just buy a new pc? I know this computer and the graphics card is quite old. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37037 5587 9629
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics card upgrade?

The graphics chip is soldered to the motherboard and is not a removeable or upgradeable component. 

Right now HP is running some tremendous Black Friday deals on gaming laptops. They have an i7 7th gen 16 gigs of RAM dedicated video card and a 512 gig PCI-e M.2 drive for $900...normally would cost half again that much.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation