Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Graphics driver issue

HP Recommended
pavilion 6155tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After installing latest graphics driver"Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 and Radeon(TM) HD 6490M" for Intel® Core™ i5-2520M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) then everything works fine with the exception of me not being able to put the machine to sleep anymore. I open CMD window (admin), and then type powercfg -a and hit enter. The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
The VGAPNP.SYS display driver does not support standby. Please consult
your hardware vendor for an updated display driver.
Standby (S2)
Standby (S3)
Hybrid Sleep.

Please...help me for resolving the issue

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
14 12 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am also having display driver issues...you can try and install drivereasy...and find and download your missing drivers..I hope it works..otherwise hp has all wrong drivers in hp website
Highlighted
Level 11
11,219 2,191 436 154
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rakk wrote:

After installing latest graphics driver"Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 and Radeon(TM) HD 6490M" for Intel® Core™ i5-2520M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) then everything works fine with the exception of me not being able to put the machine to sleep anymore. I open CMD window (admin), and then type powercfg -a and hit enter. The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
Standby (S2)
Standby (S3)
Hybrid Sleep.

Please...help me for resolving the issue

You must first install the HP switchable driver if it has one before we can start any diagnosing of the problem.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation