Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alex_73 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDD to SSD upgrade for HP Pavilion 15 n-012ss

Pavilion15n012ss - E9M64EA#ABE
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good morning,

I own a HP Pavilion 15 n-012ss (Model number: E9M64EA#ABE]. Currently it is equipped with a 0.5 TB SATA HDD. I was planning to upgrade it to SSD. Kindly guide me through steps and compatible products, and availablity in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
73978 73868 8994 19352
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDD to SSD upgrade for HP Pavilion 15 n-012ss

Hi,

Good evening. Please download the first manual on the following first:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/6431760/manuals

Very simple. Please use the following steps

1. Buy new SSD. You can use any standard 2.5" SSD for laptops today but please try Crucial, Samsung, Sandisk ... other brands may not work (from my tests anyway). Try 1GB for future growth.

2. Clone existing HDD to new SSD using many free clone software

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-cloning-software.htm

I did test few times using the first one (AOMEI Backupper). It worked as designed 100%

3. Swap HDD and SSD using informtion from the above manual.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation