cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
poz72 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HDMI No Sound, using HP G70-120EM Notebook PC connected to TV

hi,
my computer is the HP G70-120EM Notebook PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and i have all the up to date drivers from the HP website, including the one for video and sound, Nvidia GeForce 9200M GE file sp45167.exe which seams to cover hdmi sound as well as graphics.
my problem is that when i connect it to either of my two Philips LCD TV's via HDMI cable i get no sound, only the display. the computer came with Vista 32 bit and i had no problems except when i tried to upgrade to a newer driver, then i got exactly the same problem.
Please can someone help.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4441
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Uninstall first Your current Nvidia drivers for graphic card. Check below guide how to do it (this is not standard uninstallation process):

How to remove nVidia graphic drivers from Windows system.

Download and install driver which You had for Vista:

NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver here

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
poz72 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

fantastic, i hope that works, thanks very much. i will try that soon as i can.

0 Kudos
poz72 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hi, i can't install the old driver.you said to try, even in Vista compatbily mode. i get the message "the NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware, setup will now exit".any ideas? would be most welcome, thanks.

@poz72 wrote:

hi,
my computer is the HP G70-120EM Notebook PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and i have all the up to date drivers from the HP website, including the one for video and sound, Nvidia GeForce 9200M GE file sp45167.exe which seams to cover hdmi sound as well as graphics.
my problem is that when i connect it to either of my two Philips LCD TV's via HDMI cable i get no sound, only the display. the computer came with Vista 32 bit and i had no problems except when i tried to upgrade to a newer driver, then i got exactly the same problem.
Please can someone help.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4441
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It's a little strange information.

Have Your tried all three options in Vista compatibility mode?

There is Vista, Vista (SP1) and Vista (SP2).

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44624 44359 3332 13948
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Try the driver HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
poz72 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

still no joy. to be honest i realy was hoping to use new drivers if possible. any other sugestions? thanks for you help by the way.

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4441
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi again,

You may try to install Nvidia drivers from here.

If this will not work too then we will try to fix this issue with modded drivers.

Note:

Please remember to uninstall old driver first before You will go on with new one.

poz72 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hi, finally all is well, should have thought of it myself, so obvious really. thanks very much. i downloaded the driver from nvidia uk web site, file: "197.16_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql"  Now it seems to work better then ever, though i have not tried playing blueray disks yet, i don't foresee any issues though. thanks again.

Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4441
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're welcome.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation