Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Clive235 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI has stopped working

HP Notebook 15 K1W76EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HDMI has stopped working, I was told to download all updates and I think I have done this... I visited HP.co.uk and dowloaded all updates after it identified my computer, but nothing appears to have changed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13487 1268 3005
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI has stopped working

Clive235

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Anytime someone comes here running Win10 and complains about something suddenly not working, I immediately suspect Windows Driver updates.

Unfortunately, Win10 automatically forces driver updates on all of us, without our knowledge, and without our permission -- and when this happens, a working PC is suddenly "broken".  This might have happened to you.

You need to go into Settings, Update & Security --> Windows Update.

Then, choose Advanced Options --> History to see when updates were last applied.  If you see any that include device drivers, those could be the problem. So, if you can, you should see if you can rollback the drivers that are causing the problem.  You do this by going into Device Manager, seeing if the appropriate device is still listed, and if so, trying to rollback the last driver update.

And if that fixes the problem, then consider disabling future driver updates using the information in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.h...

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Clive235 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI has stopped working

Many thanks for your response. I see the first screen shot under update history, no drivers? The second one is the Device Manager, Is the HDMI 'hidden' in here?

Struggling...

2016-05-23 (5).png

2016-05-23 (4).png

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation