cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kvcfree
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

(HELP) HP Laptop shuts down after starting up...

HP Recommended
My HP Laptop is having some issues, everytime I open it, it runs for roughly about 1-3 minutes then it either freezes then shuts down or just shuts down. Even in Safe Mode, it crashes sometimes even when it's just starting up. And Yes, I have cleaned out the Fan so I don't think overheating is the problem.

I have a Pavilion dv6-1334us Entertaiment Notebook with a 16:9 HP LED BrightView and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD that is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT.

No, I don't have a disc for recovering, and I don't think this laptop has a HP Recovery Manager.

Can anyone help?
8 REPLIES 8
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kvcfree,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums.

I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv6-1334us Notebook and issues with shutting down after a few moments. You could try to restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that shows you how to do that. 

Here is a link that will show you how to create a media tool that will not need the discs as it will use your Windows key. You will need to click on use the media creation tool which will help prepare to install the original OS. Then select perform a clean installation and follow the instructions.

Please let me know how it goes.

To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kvcfree
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry but, It's quite hard to figure out what should I do. Is it possible for you to reply with steps?

It is quite hard to make a media tool considering that I am running a Windows 7 and I can't download the setup.exe to the USB Flash Drive considering that I don't have any other PC's or Laptops.

I forgot to mention that I also don't have a Blank DVD.
kvcfree
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Oops sorry, I didn't realized it said "or" on the USB Flash Drive and DVD.
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @kvcfree,

NP Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
kvcfree
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Wait, the media tool link you sent me is for Windows 8/8.1 right? Will it still be okay to use it on a Windows 7?

Thanks!
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @kvcfree,

Well I am sure it would work. But just to make sure here it is for Windows 7.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
kvcfree
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Just a few more things to clear up if you wouldn't mind 🙂

Now does the USB Flash Drive need to be clean? Like no files in it at all? And after I downloaded the iso on the Flash Drive what's next? Is it also possible that there's a youtube tutorial (optional)? 

Thank you!

Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @kvcfree

Try this Youtube video that is not affiliated with HP.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation