Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AylaBlu Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HELP! lost my windows bitlocker drive encryption recovery key

Havent used this laptop in ages, and am now locked out unles I enter my Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery Key or pin.  For the life of me cant recall either and have moved and cant locate any of my "notes" on this type of thing either :grrrrrr:  suggestions please!

This is for an HP EliteBook 8460p with Windows 7

TIA - Ayla[edited location by Moderator]

2 REPLIES
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
509 14 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post

0 Kudos
Retired george-p
Retired
15312 121 367
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post

Hi @AylaBlu ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove your last name and location. In accordance with  our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation