cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,543
Message 11 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HOW TO CREATE RECOVERY PARTITION IN WINDOWS 7

@Ashwani_Pundeer wrote:

I was trying to install linux on my machine(product no. XV699PA). It was not installed correct. After that i was not even able to start windows. So i formatted whole my hard disk. It also deleted the recovery drive. Now i want to ask can i restore my machine back to its out of box state. I have 8 disks of system image and 1 repair disk. Please help me.

See this page

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01895783

0 Kudos
Chris87231
1 1 0 1
Message 12 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows Automated Installation Kit  (AIK)  Is way factories make the recovery partition its also done by code an a pe platform so if u can code like i do can make your own  windows automated installations like recovery partition but be aware you also  need to be dang sure you know how to do this theres free training vids for aik on youtube if look an make sure u own a license for windows that can be used on several computers a regular install cd non upgrades do  also using this method they use in that http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766093(v=ws.10).aspx

ps: im not responsible if you use this method wrongly 

makmax1000
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

shvbjhhuiuihkbjkjk

0 Kudos
vrtulka
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,
I have a laptop HP ProBook 4530s with windows 7, and manufacture created discs: C: ) Local Disk , D : ) HP_RECOVERY

E : ) HP_TOOLS.
I wanted to try the new windows 8, and so I deleted the main drive C : ) and installed at him system Windows 8. After testing Windows 8, I decided that Windows 7 was better after all. At that moment but my problem was, where I'll take ovladave suitable or even necessary the accompanying PROGR, who have been added to Windows since manufacturers such as like: HP QuickWeb, HP ProTools, HP 3D DriveGuard, HP Power Assistant, SRS Premium Sound,. .. All these drivers and programs should, in my HP_RECOVERY in the disk, but do not know how I open it.
So please advice ...
thank you ..

0 Kudos
RohanJannu
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hay kumar

Use this step----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8n-G9Rv2zo

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 820
Message 16 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello kumarmayuresh.  I understand you'd like to recreate your recovery partition.

If you want the actual HP Recovery partition you'll need a set of recovery discs.  You can order these directly from HP.  The number for US/Canadian customers is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

RohanJannu's suggestion above will also work but I am unsure how closely this method will resemble the HP Recovery partition in the end.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
Netverse
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 17 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

LOL ..  if you are like him. huh??  

If you have windows ULTIMATE, you can do this.. 

Don't trouble yourself AIK, there are other ways.  Make two partitions on your drive, a 4 gig one and the rest of the space for your working OS.  Install Windows 7u on the larger partiton. Now copy your ISO to the first partition or extract it to the first partition. download Easy BCD and either add the ISO to the boot menu or use the BOOT TO WIM option

.  And if you want to go further, I have VHD that is an exact image of the ISO that I could use too, now that I think of it.

Another Option to install a clean version of windows is to PUT THE windows 7 ISO on the flashdrive and use 

Yumi Multi boot USB creator.

There are free 3rd party DISK image creators  that will create Image of your C drive and copy it to your d drive and there you have a recovery partiton..

With Yumi, I put three ISO images of different OS on it, Linux being one..

good luck..

0 Kudos
BlaqRubi
Level 1
14 13 0 1
Message 18 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I deleted my particion D on my hp computer which is out of warranty.  I want to CREATE a recovery partition.  computer keeps giving me a blue screen.  I ave original HP Recovery Discs.  Can I restore the computer and create a new recovery partition in the d location

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 19 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello BlaqRubi,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

This YouTube video has instructions to follow that will help you with your task: Create Bootable Recovery Partition in Windows 7

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation