cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HOW TO INSTALL WINDOWS

HP Recommended

HOW TO INSTALL WINDOWS

5 REPLIES 5
Minhtet
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your query to HP forum. I will try my best to help you.

To install windows, you need to have media (CD, flash drive) and product key. You can follow below link for detail instruction.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
12,177 12,114 2,420 4,943
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What edition of Windows do yoou want to install?

If Win 10, you can download the media creation tool from Microsoft (run the media creation tool) and create a Pendrive or DVD with the OS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You do not need a product key to downoad the Operating System and if it was already installed once on the PC it will be automatically activated once installed as long as it is the same edition. When installing when asked for the product key just click on do not have product key.

Once you have the media (DVD or Pendrive) you will need to go into Bios and make the boot order so that the PC boots from this media. You can follow application and install the OS quite easily.

I would recomend custom install and delete all partitions and install on the fastes hard drive if you have more than one (such as an SSD). Remember if yu delete all partitions you will loose all data which was previously on the Hard drive.

For Win 7 and Win 8 you will need a product key to download from Microsoft and during installation. The rest of the procedure is nearly identical.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

super_cat
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the new Windows 10 media creation tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10), it creates a bootable flash drive that you don’t need to futz with. Just make sure you have the USB drive's at least 3 GB in size. On the media creation tool page, select the proper version—check the system settings to double-check whether you’re running a 32- or 64-bit OS. Then download and run it. Though simple, the tool has a number of lovely features—including the ability to simply upgrade the PC. you can select whether you want Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional, either 32-bit or 64-bit versions, and even the installation language. 

Make sure you allow Windows to download relevant drivers as the installation proceeds. You’ll need to agree to a license agreement, and then the installation process will begin in earnest.

You may run into a situation where Windows asks for a license key. If you’re upgrading from a licensed copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can click the tiny “skip” option, Microsoft will dig out the license key from the depths of your machine. If this is a brand-new installation, of course, you’ll need to enter the proper key.

Do let me know if my suggestion resolved your problem..

I am an HP employee
bisho547
Level 1
3 3 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,798 32,920 3,069 7,574
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@123455

Folks are going out of their way to GUESS how to answer your question -- because you failed to provide us ANY useful information!

If you're going to post here, then read through this HP thread first:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/bd-p/Hello?jumpid=reg_r1002_...

The more information you provide us, up front, the more folks can tailor their replies to your situation.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation