Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rck2168 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 13-p111nr x2 Battery Drain

HP Pavilion 13x2 PC 13-p111nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My parents purchased this product for work and never used it. Recently they handedthis PC to me for my personal use. Love it, but the battery does not hold any charge. The only way I can use it id by keeping it plugged it. I tried to find some solutions online and decided to just reach out for help here. 

The software is up to date. When I did a battery check it said - Unknown: 93.

Batteries as listed on the original box -

HSTNN -IB5I

HSTNN-DB5J

Please help!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 13-p111nr x2 Battery Drain

Dear Customer,

First of all, shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter unplugged, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the PC on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the notebook.

2) Update BIOS ; sp77040.exe

3)

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04700771

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217

Post back the result..

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation