cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
M4U Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 14-d005au Notebook PC bios

HP 14-d005au Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Well I have a realy big issue, a friend of mine told me to make an bios update of the notebook to put in the windows 10 update and as it also sais a bios update would be good.

We downloaded the file sp69892.exe and made an  update, it asked of a usb and I sticked in the usb to make an backup of the bios, we had  F. 07 and after the update it should be F. 10.

After the restart we waited and waited and we waited 10 hours but nothing happened.

I shocked the powerbutton and I could not come into the bios anymore but it sais bios F2, boot F9 I thing etc. but absolutely nothing.

Tried it a couple of times and now nothing happens so what the H...

So what shall I do ?

Thanks. /Robert

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 19
Level 19
78,188 77,596 9,540 20,652
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you know playing around aith BIOS is the shortest way to brick your machine ? Is your friend still around  :smileyindifferent: ? Please try the following method to Recover previous BIOS

http://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c02693833

otherwise you may need a new motherboard.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
M4U Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help and I tried it out but the screen was still bland but no fully black.

I tried even with the usb but the usb is blank so I realy do not know what has happened.

The notebook is nice but it is not worth to buy another motherboard if it has a huge cost, then I will rather buy another notebook and never..never give it again ti my friend and today I will go to a pc shop that they can try the same.

Thanks for your help and the support.

I remember that I had a IBM or was it a Dell pc 15 years ago or more and the screen got the same as this, but not fully black but it said bios crash something.

We opened it whole up and took away the battery and the whole motherboard, but I do not know what we did or did not do but after we did this the motherboard woke up as on the factoryday.

I will be cak after a day or two.

Thanks. /Robert

0 Kudos
M4U Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again and I have layed the notebook under the table for a while, if I maybe get a same motherboard for some little $ I would buy it.

I was wondering about the sp69892.exe, if I download it to my  HP Z820 Workstation and install it etc. and it will ask me to get a usb and connect it because the one which was made with the HP 14-d005au was blank?

Will it get a bios that will maybe work or will it not work and maybe you could help me with that.

I have not found any who have the same notebook as me because I would ask to make  a same bios as backup with the exe file for bios.

Thanks for the help and I hope I will get it to work somehow, but even the pc shop could not make it work.

It is a nice little notebook so maybe someone can get it to work.

Thanks for the help, Best regards. /Robert

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation