Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

please help with system disable code.  Need password to get into bios.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you're looking for a Password here, We will surely assist you with this issue

Please try this Password = 73134207

Steps to be followed:
1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
4. For new password, just press ENTER key
5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

Troubleshooting:
Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.

1. Shut down the notebook

2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery

3. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds

4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook

5. If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
HP Recommended
Could you please tell me what is the system disable code/number ? So I can share the password with you.

Regards
KNRK
I work on behalf of HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

oh shoot?? I'm sorry i erased it.  It is 62256621  Not to sure how this works but could you please tell me what i am to do with the information 

HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you're looking for a Password here, We will surely assist you with this issue

Please try this Password = 73134207

Steps to be followed:
1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
4. For new password, just press ENTER key
5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

Troubleshooting:
Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.

1. Shut down the notebook

2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery

3. Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds

4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook

5. If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hello I followed your instructions and have not been successful. ( invalid password) I am using the same model : HP15-g019wm . System disabled code[66127238]. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.
HP Recommended

@Jbradley75 

Enter:     79885818

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Same issue System Disabled status code 55055614 Please help Can't get past Bios Password screen. Tried removing internal button cell battery over night, bios still not reset to default settings still asking for password. this is a hp 15-g070nr notebook.

Disreguard I found you other post and got in.

HP Recommended

ThePest try.

Use that code to go into the BIOS.

Disable all passwords that are enabled.

If asked for the CURRENT password uses that code.

If asked for NEW password just hit enter.

If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.

Save and exit.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

same problem my system disabled code is: 65350879 

HP Recommended
@ GemmaHUIT

Please enter = 70038279

Regards,
KNRK
I work for HP
I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.