cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ChrisN15 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2000 Laptop Keyboard Problem

HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
As a gamer I use WASD a lot. But, recently my W key is acting weird. For example if I am holding down W to move forward in a game, after I take my finger off the key I still move forward. This is very frustrating and I understand I could just rebind my movement keys but, for typing papers and other things I have to do on my laptop I need to find out the fix.

Thank you,
Chris
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2000 Laptop Keyboard Problem

Hello ChrisN15, 

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums, and welcome! 🙂 

If I understand correctly, the W key on your keyboard is sticking when used. I'd be happy to assist with this! 

I'd recommend following the steps here - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎 - under "Pressing a key once types several characters" and "Stuck notebook key". Let me know if there is any improvement! 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation