Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BjmnAdrift Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power Cord Are Connected, It Crashes

HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem occurred with prior Win 7 Home O/S, so I upgraded to Windows 10.

Heavens-to-Mergatroid!  This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it.  However, once I also plug in the power cord, the O/S does a hard crash within 1 to 3 minutes. How special!

I can get about 2.5 to 3 hours when using the battery, but not if I also plug in the power cord.  That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn  on computer.  If I then start the computer with both connected, it crashes.  I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours.  HELP!

I suspected a heating issue, so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air, but this did not fix the problem.  Since in runs just fine on the battery, I deduce it is NOT a heating issue, neither dust or heat paste issues.  (I also used a cooling mat to no avail)

Im 70 years old living in God's waiting room, but parts of my body are 18 to 30.  However, I do have "Essential Tremors" in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to, which I don't.  I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop $100 or more to try a fix this vexing power issue.  Other than hocking my car (it's too old also) to buy a new laptop, does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14802 13855 746 1762
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power Cord Are Connected, It Crashes

Hi @BjmnAdrift

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that your HP 2000 works great on battery only. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please take a look through this guide, Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this helps! :)

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation