Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cruelty Tutor
Tutor
12 4 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 250 G2 F0Z00EA Slow loading of pages in webbrowser

On W 8.1 with all latest OS updates. Firefox all latest, 36.0

Video of problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SqlTmIvcoLc

The only options I have in my modem/router's Compal-ch7486e-70684 (CH) setting is QoS, which I have turned on since months ago.

Chrome experiences the same problem.

After having switched to startech usb 3.0 adapter the slowness went away (about 2 months ago). I concluded that my CPU is poor and the adapter now did some of the computing power. But then the slowness came back

www.startech.com%2FNetworking-IO%2FAdapter-Cards%2FUSB-3-to-Gigabit-Ethernet-NIC-Network-Adapter%7EU...

From my log:

Maybe 1-2 months ago

Was connected to my WIFI (DLINK DAP-1522 connected to CH). Google calendar took a really long time to load. Switchted to my Samsung S3's hotspot. Gcal was quick to load. Then switched back to WIFI and it was as quick. On the other hand making a Facebook post took a really long time to load via WIFI but was quick via the hotspot.

If I have the slowness, and detach-attach network cable the slowness is gone.

22 Mars 2015

Closed almost all processes, it did not help

Disabled all firefox addons. This made problem go away.

Removed cookies in Firefox. It's the same on WIFI as corded. Power options are set to high performance.

But now it's back again.

Before making this post there has been 1 day since I made a new profile in firefox. This seemed to help in the beginning, but now I see signs the slowness is creeping back. Some pages definitely takes too long to load.

Is this simply a case of too poor hardware?

The laptop is connected to external monitor via HDMI @ 1680 x 1050.

Computer: Review HP 250 G2 F0Z00EA www.notebookcheck.net%2FReview-HP-250-G2-F0Z00EA-Notebook.112321.0.html

Processor Intel Pentium N3510 2 GHz

Graphics adapter Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail), Core: 311-896 MHz, shared memory

Memory 4096 MB , DDR3L, 1.600 MHz,

Intel HM76 (Panther Point)

Harddisk I have replaced the original with SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 250 GB

Networking Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller 10/100 (10MBit) - Though I'm using startech usb 3.0 NIC adapter since my connection is 250 mbit

Atheros Communications AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter (b g n ), 4.0 Bluetooth

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation