cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
tomekzsk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 250 G4 - slow connection speed.

HP 250 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a big problem with my HP 250 G4. Every few minutes my connection speed drops to very low value and after some time it rise again. Wi-Fi signal is always at highest level. My W-Fi network card is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I tried to install new drivers or changing channel in router configuration but it didn't help. Smartphones that are connected to this network work fine.

Any ideas what is the problem?

Greetings!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Intern
Intern
24 23 3 3
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi .

if you get good signal then there is not problem with your wifi card 

try to connect the lan cable instead of wifi .. you will get more speed with the cable 

or 

try to restart your router and then reconnect 

... also 

if you get slow internet connection .. disable windows updates ..this may cause the slow connection 

0 Kudos
tomekzsk Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm almost sure there is a problem with WiFi card.

The speed drop is from about 25Mb/s to 0,3-0,5Mb/s.

Restarting router, reconnecting or disabling Windows Update didn't help.

Other devices (smartphones and notebooks) connected to the same netowrk work fine.

I have tested computer with other WiFi network - this time computer was losing connection list every few minutes and reconnected instead speed decrease.

Greetings

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation