Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 9 (6,702 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 450 G3 Sound crash

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Probook 450 G3 (P5S63EA)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Firstly about my laptop.
I have standart configuration P5S63EA (which is described on this page: http://www8.hp.com/ua/ru/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=9260217)

The problem is my sound crashes after several hours of working. Sometimes one-two day all works good but then sound crashes.
To fix this problem I need to restart my laptop or gone in sleep and restore. Then sound restores.

About drivers and other: I was installed all drivers from support page (cos drivers latest version as propose support page). Also I was updated my BIOS to latest 1.07 version at this moment.

So when all works good, when I press in right top a key for disable sound it's glows yellow and sounds off. When I click to this button again sound restores.

But after several hours of working, when sound was crashed, when I press this button for turn off sound it countinue to glow white. Windows shows me an icon that sound was turn off. When I press on key again - windows shows that sound is turn off, but it's false. When I try to play something audio file this not works. Also when I open control panel - Audio and see all my audio input/output devices, actually microphone, when I trying to say something - indicator don't show that I something say.
Also when I gone into properties of my speakers and press key to check sound (play) - nothing sound. And key to play test is stucks in play status and when I try to press to stop play test - nothing.

Cos I was installed a latest conexant driver from support page and also I was installed latest version of HP hotkey support and other.

Also little addition. By sound crashes I mean that all new program which I started on my laptop cannot make sound, but latest launched program still make sound. For example when I see the film and in background I have some nitification from messangers and etc - I hear only sound from my player, but other programs cannot make sound. If I will close player and opened it anew - now I haven't sound. And in this moment when I press button for turn off sound in top right corner - it's now glows yellow and continue to glow white but windows make notification about turn on/off sound.
For solution this problem I need to restart computer.

I think the problem in driver.

Also when I open DST Audio Control Panel, go to 2nd tab and turn off all "sound upgraders" after restart laptop they turn on automatically again.

Please help me with this problem!

For fix this problem I need to restart my laptop or I need to enter in sleep mode and then out from it. Sometimes this help me (with sleep/unsleep).

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP 450 G3 Sound crash

A new driver Conexant High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  (10.0.877.61 Rev.Q (2 Mar 2016)) http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_162303_1 and newer from my laptop's support page was solved the problem with sound crash!

I was a bug in driver.

Thanks all for answers!

View solution in context
Grad Student
Message 2 of 9 (6,671 Views)

Have you try to uninstall audio driver through Programs and Features before install new driver?

Have you try this driver? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_159168_1

Do you know sp # of the driver you was tried last time?

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Message 3 of 9 (6,667 Views)

Yes, cos I was tried to fully uninstall previous driver and clean install new driver.

But this do not help me.

I thing I need to try re-install windows. May be windows 10 after their installing began to install drivers from microsoft's repository. And it will installed some wrong driver to some bus.

Also sometimes in system log I see that this source "IntcAudioBus" was crashed with 770 error.

But google cannot help me with it :)

I read on this forum that one guy try to install windows 7 on this laptop and he cannot to setup sound. He was turn of intel hd sound (or something about this) in BIOS and then all was good.

But I'm not found this option in my bios...

Grad Student
Message 4 of 9 (6,661 Views)

IntcAudioBus is part of Intel Smart Sound Technology and integrated to HD audio driver.
You can disabled Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) in BIOS then uninstall and reinstall HD audio driver.

For people who having sound issue in Windows 7 with Intel Skylake microarchitecture, they have to disable Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) in BIOS and uninstall unknown device or yellow band device in Device Manager. Sometime, they may need to reinstall HD audio driver as well.

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Message 5 of 9 (6,654 Views)

[ Edited ]

yea, I read it. But i'm not found nothing in my bios.

May be in latest version of 1.07 bios developers has been remove this option.

What is Intel Smart Sound Technology? What functionality it has?

A though that this something associated with audio hdmi output (sound through hdmi using some intel technoligy for output it into hdmi interface).

As I understand I cannot to downgrade bios?

When I communicate with support, they said me that some notebook of this model line has ISST technoligy, something hasen't.

But when I control volume power by click on speaker icon in system tray I see "Speakers (Conexant ISST Audio)".

I'm so badly understand of how using all this technology stack to make sound.

Tutor
Message 6 of 9 (6,651 Views)

I was found this link for understanding this technology.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/smart-sound-technology.html

As I see that I have this technology. Because after installing driver for audio from support page of my laptop in system tray I have DTS Audio Control Panel.

But as I see this technology is very bugged.

For example I don't like to use this "sound upgraders". DTS is so dably pre-processor and sound makes so smooth. But when I disable it, after restart laptop it's automatically turn on but in DTS I see that it disabled. But when I enable it and disable then I hear that this was disabled really.

I think that many people do not bother about it. 

Interesting moment: during this day I did not start DTS Audio Control Panel and my sound doesn't crashed.

I think the root problem in driver. Can I contact with Conexant or..Intel for reporting about this problem in their driver or HP automatically when obtained appeal about something redirects this problem to creator of device part?

Grad Student
Message 7 of 9 (6,608 Views)

You can post to Intel support forum

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

I am an HP employee.
Tutor
Message 8 of 9 (6,600 Views)

I noticed one little moment.

One more way to resolve problem.

I do right click on speaker tray icon -> Playback devices -> Right click on my speakers and Disable -> Enable it. And then all works great.

Hmm.. very interesting moment.

Tutor
Message 9 of 9 (6,372 Views)

A new driver Conexant High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  (10.0.877.61 Rev.Q (2 Mar 2016)) http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_162303_1 and newer from my laptop's support page was solved the problem with sound crash!

I was a bug in driver.

Thanks all for answers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation