Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ruff_desperado Tutor
Tutor
7 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 4510s - Editing DSDT table - Fan Speed Issue

After cleaning my old 4510s (full wipe out, changing thermal paste etc.) I had issue with turning it on, and at the end issue was caused by one of screws that was to tightened in, loosing it a bit solved issue, atleast it looked like it. Day after I got error 501 when starting system (Bios corrupt or missing), flashing Bios with latest version sorted issue, but after that my CPU fan is constantly running on 100%, tried several programs for controll but none can detect it, only Aida64 is detecting that its running on 30% while its obvius its on 100%.

After a bit of research I cheched motherboard inch by inch if there is maybe any broken capacitator, cable or something and everything seems fine. So I ended up in trying to edit DSDT table, issue is I can't find lines that are responsible for fan speed, so if anyone can assist in searching lines (pointing to them) or some other possible solution I would be really thankfull. 

Here is my DSDT table: http://pastebin.com/BpxHpaZJ

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
ruff_desperado Tutor
Tutor
7 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, managed to find lines responsible for Fan speed controll, and after changing and updating, fan is still on 100%, even tried to set all values to 10% or 20% etc, it just ignores it and its still on full power, system is cold, its not overheating issue... Only thing i can try is to reinstall windows (win 7 x64) but I doubt it will help... Suspecting its hardware issue (altho I crossed that possibility)... Anyone had similar issue maybe?

0 Kudos
buzzinoffbond Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem whith the fan on my 4510s. I have tried some programs like "TPFanControl by troubadix" and HPFanControl from http://www.staff.uni-marburg.de/~schmitzr/donate.html but it didn't work and can't even correctly display the temperature(there is always 0C). Sadly there is no way to downgrade from BIOS ver. F20. 

ruff_desperado, what lines in DSDT table have you changed? Is there is anywere a solution for this issue?

0 Kudos
ruff_desperado Tutor
Tutor
7 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was a loong time but leaving reply for further searches if someone ends up with same or similar issue.

After extensive testing issue that is causing fan to go full speed is broken thermometer on motherboard. Nothing can fix this, mentioned laptop is actually still working fine after years, i just changed one fan over course. Issue can't be repaired since BIOS doesn't allow fan control or even have support for it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation