cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ted_B
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 4520s won't boot

Hello,

I have an HP 4520s running Win7 Pro.  One day it worked and the next it wouldn't boot.  It does get to where it accepts my password and then fails.  It goes through a recovery attempt and fails to go any further.  I have tried every repair, restore and recovery that is provided. 

No boot.  The mouse works during all this if that tells you something.

I have gone to the command prompt and found my files and lots of partitions.

I have downloaded a bios update on a working computer and was going to try it but read on this board that it might ruin the motherboard.

Is there a file on one of the partitions that might be corrupt and can be fixed or replaced? 

Can I run a file on the hard drive that would fix something?

Or, do I need to get a recovery CD from HP and fix things with it?

Any advice would be welcome. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation