Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
supertramp1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 635 advanced bios settings

HP 635
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a HP 635 and I want to replace the HDD.

But the bios needs to recognise the new drive, so I need to access the advanced BIOS settings.

The Bios is an insydeh20 r3.5.

How do I get access to the advanced options?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14478 1348 3208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

supertramp1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to get into the advanced BIOS options -- but do not have good news.

Here's a link showing the Advanced Options tab that is available in SOME BIOS versions: Substance: Insyde BIOS Advanced Settings

IF yours does not have that tab (as is the case with my HP laptop, as well), there is simply no way to get into the advanced options.

Sorry ...

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
supertramp1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

As I understand it there are hidden ways to get to the advanced options. One needs to be able to get to these options sometimes.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation