Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rogasgr Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 650 wifi not working in windows 8.1

HP 650 Notebook C1N08EA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

a friend of mine has updated his HP 650 to windows 8.1 from windows 8 after a prompt to free upgrade. Probably he had blocked windows update before that's why he got a huge bunch of updates last week. The thing is that now that he got in Windows 8.1 the wifi adapter is missing form Network and from Device Manager. There is not even an unidentified adapter. I then visited Hp.com to download drivers for win 8.1 but i see no drivers availlable newer than win8. 

If i upgrade to win10 is there a possibility that it will work? Is there a way to have wifi in win 8.1?

Or is it the best option to install another wifi adapter? 

Could you suggest me an adapter that will work on win10 or win81.?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation