cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
abdullah111
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 840 Graphics card

The laptop I have has a builtin graphics chip Intel 520, when I go to BIOS it has an option to change the dedicated memory and I have set it to maximum 512MB, but when I check from operating system it shows 128mb. 

Please see following, how can I make this work for 512mb as configured in BIOS.

Graphics card.PNG

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 840 Graphics card

HI.

In BIOS there are no options that allow it if your computer has Intel HD 520 graphics with 64 MB of dedicated video memory can not be changed since it is a video memory chip that complements it is part of the RAM and the system Allocates dynamically according To the need, so against more RAM more possibility there that the integrated video card up to 128 MB, 256 MB, 512.but rarely reach so much reach.
The computers with integrated and dedicated memory, usually make use of the integrated chip as long as the resources of the system do not require the dedicated one, that is when it begins to work.

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation