Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everybody and HP support

I was having a dell business Latitude laptop supporting application name DELL POWER MANANGER, this application beside the peak shift option that exist in the HP AC POWER CONTROL APP, allows me to stop charging the battery at any certain level and let me decide whcih level to chose, which is not available in my new HP EliteBook 840 G3 

this application was wonderful as it let me save my battery life, whenever i have an AC power outlet i can plug it and work on AC without need to work on the battery 

we know well that every battery has a number of specific charges and its charging life starts to diminishes, and thats what the DELL APP was doing with me which is eliminating the number of times i need to charge the battery

DELL laptop battery lived normally with me for up to 3 years with no noticable degradation or changes in its charging and power life

My question here, is there any way or could HP develope or add an option in the HP AC power control application allows me to disable battery charging at certain level and work on AC power only ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums I understand that you are looking for a Power managing software from HP HP Power managing Software is compatible with windows 10 http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_105607_1&swEnvOid=4051 But that does not meet your Expectations of using the PC only in AC power with still the battery connected However i can help you with a Document from HP that can help in Improving Battery Performance http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 Hope this helped. Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.
I am an HP Employee

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.