Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Advisor Alert

HP Recommended

I have an "HP Advisor Alert" box in the lower right corner that is frozen and won't close, move, or otherwise allow activity. The message on its starts, "This package provides an updated version of the HP Advisor software for the supported PC models and operating systems. The HP Advi. . ."

Can anyone help me remove this frustration?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,081
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DJB585 wrote:

I have an "HP Advisor Alert" box in the lower right corner that is frozen and won't close, move, or otherwise allow activity. The message on its starts, "This package provides an updated version of the HP Advisor software for the supported PC models and operating systems. The HP Advi. . ."

Can anyone help me remove this frustration?

Restart the notebook, then once it's restarted you'll need to close the HP Total Care Advisor by right-clicking the icon for it in the task tray and selecting exit.  Then go to the start menu and run the HP Update program (found under the HP folder or by typing Update into the start search)

Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to say thanks for this solution.  I've been suffering with this problem for about 3 weeks, but "the box" finally moved to the middle of the screen, and was obscuring text and action buttons.  However, the box also interfered with the accessibility of the HP Total Care Advisor task tray, which was visible, but unresponsive.  So, I just ran the HP Update programme, and 3 recognisable "problems" were listed, and up-dates reinstalled.  I then resarted the computer, and hey-presto, back to normal.  What a relief.  Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried doing that and the update found nothing to update.    After restarting it again the HP Advisor Alert message returns.    any other suggestions?      

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So sorry it didn't work for you.  I'm afraid I have no other experience to share on the subject.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having a problem with the hp advisor alert a message pops up that says "6 recommended alerts" and when i press on the message it is frozen. Also the hp advisor dock does not function properly and the "pc alerts" option does not open. Can you please help? any help could be useful

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a message in the RH lower corner of the screen from HP Advisor Alert with 4 Alerts showing but the box is frozen. How do I get rid of this or disable HP Advisor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 8 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not want HP Netflix on my machine  Yet, HP Support Advisor keeps sending me these urgent alerts to install it.

How can I get make it understand that I am not going to install Netflix so that it will stop sending the urgent alerts? 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation