Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Advisor / HP Support Assistant will not work

HP Recommended

I noticed this week that HP Advisor no longer works. I get no error message, it just would not open at all. I tried reinstalling it but that would not fix it. I deleted it and installed the newest version of HP Support Assistant. I got an icon but when I try and open it the oval box with a question mark opens then slowly fades away. If I open "help and support" and try to use any of the links offered a large blank black box opens in the middle of my screenmy only option at that point is so manually close it.

Noneof the HP support programs work any more... about a month ago I noticed that the fingerprint scanner stopped working for any websites, it will still unlock my computer but that is all it will do. I don't know if these things are related. I have tried running a full Norton 360scan, a Windows Defender scan, Malwarebytes, Comodo system cleaner and Comodo registry cleaner. I also did a system restore before removing HP Advisor and downloading the newest version of HO Support assistant (I could not find a link to download HP Advisor).

I don't know what else to do. My computer is a Pavilion dm4 1165dx. I am running Windows Home Premium 64bit.  I am glad I bought an extra 2 yrs warranty at Best Buy  I purchased it, I may have to take it back,

Does anyone know how to make P Advisor or HP Support Assistant work?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought my computer in March of this year and have had the same problem.  I can't get HP Support Assistant to work nor has it ever worked.  About ready to use my warranty on this one as the keyboard sometimes becomes untypable.  I've never had a worse computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up until recently my HP Advisor was working, then last week it just stopped working.  I have checked other forums and a few said that the file may have been lost due to a virus.  I have already scanned my computer for viruses, malware, spyware, and adware, it is clean.

I have the HP Advisor icon on my taskbar and if I click it the HP Advisor dock to come up to the top of my desktop, but it is blank all except for the HP symbol on the left side and the following error pops up with it:

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

When I click on the HP symbol on the left side of the dock I get the following error:

Could not find file 'C:\Program Files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.Mainframe.Controls.Dockpopup.Main.xml'.

My computer is: Compaq - CQ60-615DX Notebook

Windows Version - Windows 7 Home Premium

I would appriciate any help with this problem, and if more information is needed to fix the problem just tell me what you need.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same thing happen to me with my laptop, just install hp support/assistant and redownload and install again, also you may have to uninstall hp framework software too and reinstall. You got to find the download links though. Because my old hp support updated to the newer software hp support and it didnt work after update, so I had to downgrade/ uninstall and reinstall old one and just keep the old one instead of updating to the new one

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation