cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,642 27,403 2,423 8,943
Message 11 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Betty,

I am relieved to hear it!  I had not found a reason for the popup to infest your installation.

I MIGHT be malware... Just a thought... Something that is reading the software and leaching off of it.  I am proabably wrong, and it won't be the first time... but I don't like it when software settings are reset and popups come up where they are not expected.

This software has an excellent reputation:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Avast! Free is very good Anti-Virus Software (you cannot run it with Norton on the system - they do not get along together.):

Avast Anti-Virus

Cannot recall - does Vista have Snip?  If yes, will you send me a Snip of that little popup if it comes back?  I hope it does NOT, but just in case, I'd like to see the little beast.

Take advantage of the respite and look around at the HPSA - there are several things the 5.x version does that HP Adviser may not have had, or might have done differently.

If you get to a place where you can upgrade to Windows 7 for some reason, you'll be able to get to some of the tools Win7 has.  I was actually a fan of Vista - I won't tell you to move to Windows 7 for any reason except you are ready to do it.  Smiling.

Thanks for posting back!

I hope this helps!                                 

We work hard to help!

Whenever you see a Helpful Post - Click the Kudos Star on the Left as Thanks!

Did this Post solve your problem?  Mark it “Accept as Solution”!

Note: You can find the “Accept as Solution” box on threads started by you.

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation