cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Nizz14
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

HP Bluetooth Keyboard T800 case pairing with Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

Hello guys! Just wondering if there is any special instruction we need to advise our customers in pairing the T800 BT keyboard into a  HP tablets running on windows 8.1

We are encountering lots of inquiries about this. The product details on our website says:

Compatibility - Most 7" and 8" tablets

However on the set up, its asking for a code for the pairing.

Do have any idea how to make it work? or whats even the code?

We have tired (0000) and its not taking it.

Thanks for the Help guys!

14 REPLIES 14
jeffmdaemon
Level 6
315 313 29 61
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the tablet should be asking you to type in a code. 

0 Kudos
Nizz14
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly,

I think I mentioned that... Uhmmm..:mantongue:

So the tablet did asked for a code but we dont know what to enter.

We've tried: 0000

and its not taking it.:manfrustrated:

Do you have a code for the Keyboard cause we cant find it on the packaging or even on the keyboard itself.

0 Kudos
jeffmdaemon
Level 6
315 313 29 61
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ment the tablet will TELL you what to type in. ie 814351653

0 Kudos
outspoken
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

a few weeks ago, I spent hours on the phone with HP tech support for this very same issue. I was attempting to pair my Stream 8 with the T800 keyboard. After hours of passing me around, HPs answer was that the two were not compaitble devices..... what the heck.

.... but mysteriously... today I attempted to re-pair the two with success....

steps:

set the keyboard to discoverable

go to the bluetooth screen on the tablet
click the keyboardclick pair.

----THEN----

if you tap on the text below the input field, that says something like, 'or try entering a passcode on in' this will bring up a code that you can use.

type it on the bluetooth key board. (then hit enter, on the keyboard)

it just worked for me.

with that said, I'm still returning the tablet and keyboard today....

-hope this helps

Chilly_AL
2 2 0 2
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD CASE T800 IT IS NOT WORKING NOR IS IT WORKING WITH THE NEW HP 7 Plus II Tablet - 1331 I JUST PURCHASED. WOW I WAS ON THE PHONE AND CHATTING ONLINE WITH SUPPORT FOR OVER 2 HALF HOURS WITH NO RESULT. DARN SHAME. HP IS THE WORSE. YOU CAN BARELY UNDERSTAND THEM. ENGLISH COURSES ARE MUCH NEEDED. I'M TIRED OF CALLING THEM. I THINK I'M SENDING EVERYTHING BACK INCLUDING THE PAPER, INK, CARE PACK, TABLET AND KEYBOARD!!!

jeffmdaemon
Level 6
315 313 29 61
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One should not mock others grasp of the english language when typing like that. 

Chilly_AL
2 2 0 2
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NO ONE IS MOCKING A PERSON ENGLISH. TYPING AND SPEAKING ENGLISH ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS. I AM ALSO NOT A TRAINED SALESPERSON. LISTEN I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES AT HAND WHEN DEALING WITH A CONSUMER. YOU SHOULD NOT BE SENDING THE WRONG ITEMS NOR SHOULD I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REPEAT MYSELF OVER THE PHONE (LANDLINE) BECAUSE WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING ONE ANOTHER. USA (ENGLISH) MY FIANCE DOESN'T SPEAK VERY GOOD ENGLISH EITHER BUT HE'S ALSO NOT A SALESPERSON. ANYWAY I RETURNED KEYBOARD, TABLET AND CARE PACK.

Kermit88
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a way to permanently set a passcode for pairing HP T800 with Stream 7? Beacuse everytime I pair, I always tap 'or try entering a passcode on in'  for it to generate a new code.

0 Kudos
kitchencabinet
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  That works for now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation