cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NineWest
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Chromebook 14 Keyboard Issues

HP Recommended

I have a HP Chromebook 14 that I was given as a gift earlier this year and after receiving it I registered it on this site. My Issue is a key came off the keyboard and it will not go back on and stay on. It will look like it's attached again but as soon as it's touched it pops off again. What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mkjohnson92
Level 6
Level 6
419 416 26 47
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I believe your Chromebook should have a 1-year warranty and it sounds like you have had it less than a year, I would call support and see if they can help. It should be covered under a hardware warranty.

Contact HP:

1-800-474-6836 (1-800 HP INVENT)

Good luck!!

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
0 Kudos
NineWest
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I contacted them and I guess they are going to replace the keyboard. The email I got about them sending the box to pack it up in listed keyboard failure as the problem. One question though. When they replace the keyboard that will mean a whole new top half pretty much right? I have a skin on mine around the keyboard area to protect it from scratches and etc. but I'm thinking I'll probably need to remove that. If so it kinda sucks because it's not the kind you can put back on. 

I'll be glad to have a properly working keyboard again. They sure wanted a detailed explaination as to how the key came off though.

0 Kudos
mkjohnson92
Level 6
Level 6
419 416 26 47
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Well I am glad they will replace the keyboard. As far as removing everything you have on there, if you don't see instructions on if you need to do that in the paperwork I would call back just to confirm. Because I am not sure as to what servce will replace on it and I don't want to give you the wrong answer :Crying: I would also hate to see you take your skin off if it wasn't needed.

:generic:

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation