Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
cln Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (8,175 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP-Compaq Presario V6000. Wireless button in HP wireless assistant does not work.

HP-Compaq Presario V6000. Wireless button in HP wireless assistant does not work. No wireless button on keyboard. When in the HP wireless assistant, wireless is disabled, button for turn on all is visible but does not work. Posted this earlier, no responses. Do you need more information?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP-Compaq Presario V6000. Wireless button in HP wireless assistant does not work.

Hi:

There is a wireless switch on your notebook. Check to see that it is turned on.

See the service manual, link below for the location of this switch. Chapter 1, Pages 1-6, 1-7. Labeled as # 4.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035886.pdf

I once turned mine off in my dv6810us. Had no clue it was there, and couldn't connect for nothing!  :smileyhappy:

I must have swiped it off with my thumb.

Paul

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (8,168 Views)

Re: HP-Compaq Presario V6000. Wireless button in HP wireless assistant does not work.

Hi:

There is a wireless switch on your notebook. Check to see that it is turned on.

See the service manual, link below for the location of this switch. Chapter 1, Pages 1-6, 1-7. Labeled as # 4.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035886.pdf

I once turned mine off in my dv6810us. Had no clue it was there, and couldn't connect for nothing!  :smileyhappy:

I must have swiped it off with my thumb.

Paul

cln Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (8,140 Views)

Love it and hate it when it is something that simple. Looked at your post, looked at the link you sent, looked at the laptop and fixed.

Thanks

Curt

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (8,137 Views)

You're very welcome, Curt.

Like I wrote above...been there, done that.  :smileyhappy:

Pulling my hair out wondering why my wireless connection went kaput.

Not a good place for a switch, IMO.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation