cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
-___________-
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Coolsense is not supported on this machine.

HP Recommended

Well despite using CoolSense for the past 2 months I've owned this notebook it is now all of a sudden saying that it is not supported on this machine... Umm yeah. It has literally just shown up out of the blue as the last thing I did was install the latest AMD graphics drivers, I did that yesterday but CoolSense has worked since then but has literally just stopped...

Any help with this?

EDIT: Oh and I'm using a Dv6-6176sa with all the latest drivers and updates, etc... 

6 REPLIES 6
kamatr
Level 9
Level 9
2,526 2,513 199 760
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please install latest HPSA from here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99047-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
-___________-
Author
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just installed and it doesn't change anything..

EDIT: Tried installing again and there's no CoolSense to even try to open... Yay for not being able to control the fans.

kamatr
Level 9
Level 9
2,526 2,513 199 760
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Older Notebooks goes with CoolSense 1.0 which was called HP Thermal Assistant which was part of HPSA. As of now newer models go with CoolSense 2.0/2.1. You need to install them separately for feature to show up in HPSA. 

CoolSense 2.0

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52814.exe

CoolSense 2.1

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54610.exe

Refer below link for more info

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02638953

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
danovas
Level 1
5 5 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i had the same problem and yes i tried all the solution like installing new coolsense or updating hp assistant but no use , but i found the solution and i hope it will work with you , make sure that HP software Framework service is running by: "if was not there in services download it from HP Customer Care" ::
run >type: services > look for : HP software Framework service: right click chose properties the make the startup type automatic and click the start button after that try to run the coolsense 😉
hope it help for everyone..

jbrunson17
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem, maybe the same, I don't know.  My computer automatically installed the latest Support Assistant, and since then Coolsense won't start.  When I click the icon, it says that the specified path to HPThermalAssistant does not exist.  I've tried re-installing coolsense and solution center.  When I try to install coolsense, the installer just goes away at one point, then Windows says that the program may not have been installed correctly.  HP Coolsense isn't listed in my Programs and Features list, so I can't uninstall it, and I've tried following the path that the link to Coolsense says to follow, and the HPThermalAssistant folder isn't in the Resources folder, like the path says it should be.  Any Ideas?? Thanks

G3H
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation