Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (3,318 Views)

HP DV-6 1030US Serial number not found in BIOS.

My Laptop model is HP DV6-1030US . The problem i face now is basically that when the machine boots up, it shows a message at the top saying "Serial Number not found" Furthermore I installed the HP support application and it is not able to detect either the product number & the serial number. when my PC started, on the first screen, "Serial Num not found " is just under "Press ESC for setup". Also Product name,serial number are missing in BIOS. I really don't know what's wrong. Who can help?  Any ideas as to what would have caused this? I am worried that.and second problem is my Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) is not working well. its show as plug in but it wont connect. showing only sent data but not will be able to receiving data.i have already buy my Vista Recovery DVD from HP & i will try factory settings recovery with that DVD but there is also message like this after 1 minutes :-
WinRelaunch.exe - application Error
The Instruction at 0x776924a9 referenced memory at 0x00000000. the memory could not be read.

So please i want help immidiatly about this matter. Thanks in the advanced.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 4 (2,732 Views)

Re: HP DV-6 1030US Serial number not found in BIOS.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks.

Distinguished Professor
Message 3 of 4 (2,723 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could you check and let us know if problem is related to this message on your laptop ?

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Intern
Message 4 of 4 (2,701 Views)

Thank you for the reply, and I apologize for my delayed response.  The article you referenced appears to be similar, but different from the issue I have....however, I expect the solution will be the same.  I do not get the 14 digit code it references...only a brief message that the serial number is missing, then it continues to start up normally.

I have tried every way I know to contact HP Customer Service....even faxed a letter to their HQ.  I am willing to pay for the issue to be fixed....just can't find a source.  I even tried the motherboard source, and they refer me to HP Customer Service.  Most all the "customer service" options on the HP website are for "warranty" items only.  I missed that by about 9 months!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation