Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
17 12 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP DV 6775US two other devices listed windows 10 device manager

HP Recommended
DV6775US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was reading through the forum and see several posts similar but not specific to my issue. Please see screen shots of device ID's can anyone tell me what device or devices that it is referiing to? My card reader works so It most likly is not that the only things left In can think of are the quick start buttons or the camera?

Thanks, Bob

Other devices.JPG

Bas1.JPG

Base2.JPG

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
119,893 110,073 17,537 26,817
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Bob:

It is the card reader...

It is a 5-in-1 reader and there can be 3 or more of those devices starting with the vendor ID of 1180

Vendor Search Results

Returning 1 match for: "1180"
Sorted by: Vendor ID

Vendor IdVendor Name

0x1180RicohCompany,Ltd.

The Vista driver should work...

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37809.exe

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
17 12 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks that did it! I also had issues with the on-board WiFi adaptor it woud say it's connected and it would not go on the internet and often would say limited access no internet. I finally decided to use a USB WiFi adaptor and now I am up and running. Who would have thought a 2008 Vintage PC originally with Vista OS would be running Windows 10! If you have a solution for the On-board WiFi let me know I was using the Drivers that came with Windows 10 as well. Will the Vista drivers also work as well with the  WiFi Link 4965AGN?

Thanks, Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
17 12 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried the solution here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/HP-Pavilion-dv6928us-Intel-Wireless-W... by disabiling the "n" feature and I will see how it goes right now I am connected with the on-board WiFi.

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bob.

If you run into any other issues with the wireless card, you could try the latest W7 wlan driver from Intel (if the driver version installed for the wireless card is older).

The second driver on the list is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22116/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
17 12 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks I have it in my download folder in case I need it so far things are working very well,with the exception of the touch pad I posted a question here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Synaptics-Touchpad-vs-Windows-10/m-p/5206202#M192481

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Bob:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to uninstall the touchpad driver W10 installed, reboot and try the synaptics touchpad driver which was recommended in the dv6000/dv9000 windows 7 upgrade guide.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56713.exe

If it works, then you will need to stop W10 from installing the W10 driver by hiding the update.

You can't hide windows updates anymore from within W10, but you can use this Microsoft tool to hide them.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation