cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mulefoot Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

So i turned on my DV4 1155SE & nothing came up on the screen(black screen only)..tried using a flashlight etc..cant see a single thing on the screen.I cant seem to get the HDMI or VGA ports to give a picture on a seperate monitor(never tried before so might be doing it wrong).I have no flashing LED'S indicating harware failure etc..This model has the AMD cpu,i read its common for the Motherboard to fail so i paid for it to be replaced.after repair display worked for 5 minutes,then went to black screen again,now at times when first powering on screen flickers for a second but thats bout it! No problems leading up to this,I am kinda commited to repairing it now since i paid $200 for a mobo & $100 install 😞 Any Ideas? Could the display be my problem?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
697 666 16 102
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

Click here and give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Mulefoot Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

Well,looks i was wrong,it appears the the caps light/num lock blinks in a 4 blink code,basically stating there is a video controller error,(I thought those lights were related to the wireless 😞 ...) What is the video controller?

Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

Its the video card that has gone bad. CLick here to verify. Who fixed the laptop? Return it back asap for a another repair which should be for free now. HP has 90 days repair warranty.

0 Kudos
Mulefoot Tutor
Tutor
7 5 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

Yeah i figured,seems to common with this model 😞  I am taking it back to the local shop where i had the repair performed,they must not have ran it for very long cause it failed quick.I am assuming the video controller is part of the Motherboard & they will replace that "again"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DV4 1155SE (NO VIDEO)

Yup, its on the motherboard and replacing or resoldering might be needed again. Have them monitor the computer for a day after fixing it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation