cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DV4-2164US i3-330M to i5-540m

HP Recommended
HP DV4-2164US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded my HP DV4-2164US i3-330M to an i5-540M as it was stated on the reference manual that it could be done. However, after upgrading, the computer boots for 2 seconds then restarts and does the same thing over and over. How can i fix this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 7
740 739 90 158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

This is the processor that placed this generation, same TDP.

http://ark.intel.com/products/47341/Intel-Core-i5-520M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_40-GHz

Check the bios that you have the version and have a previous one, with caution not to cut and let finish the execution of the bios proceed to update it and see if this helps.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.0F Rev.6.5 MBJan 17, 2011

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51636.exe

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation