Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv5 1120el
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

ho acqustato un dv5 1120el con sistema operativo windows7installato dal proprieterio.la domanda è:posso ritornare a vista home premium come da impostazioni di fabbrica?esiste un processore da 2,50ghz o superiore compatibile con questo modello?se si mi dite dove lo trovo e com che sigla o numero lo posso cercare grazie 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

io sono italiano non esiste la traduzione automatica

HP Recommended

io vedo tutto in italiano non vedo perchè devo scrivere in inglese li vendono anche in italia i pc hp io sono 20 anni che li uso ma dopo una risposta del genere cambierò marca.avete una assistenza pessima la sua risposta è ridicola se mi ha risposto significa che a visto e capito la mia domanda non capisco perchè mi ha risposto 

HP Recommended

Translated by BING:

I purchased a dv5 1120EL  running windows7 installed from proprieterio. the question eosso return to vista home premium how to factory settings? There's a 2.50 ghz processor or higher compatible with this model? if you tell me where I find it, I can try and com initials or number thanks
-----------------
I see everything in Italian I don't see why I have to write in English also sell them in Italy 20 years I am hp I use them but after a response like I will make you have a bad service. his answer is ridiculous if said means that saw and understood my question I do not understand why I responded.
-----------------

Microsoft will not support Windows Vista after April 12 2017 (2 months from now).

Microprocessor: 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7350
Memory: 4096 MB (2 x 2048 MB)
Memory Max: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 250 GB (5400 RPM)
Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Display: 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
Security and Support:  Recovery partition (including possibility to recover system, applications and drivers separately)

might still have that "recovery partition" on the disk-drive.  Check this.

Do you really need to upgrade from 2.0 Ghz to 2.5 Ghz ?

If you can borrow a "retail" Windows Vista DVD disk, you can reinstall Vista, and use the above "drivers" for the specific hardware.

Download it, and install it, and "skip" the step to enter the 25-character product-key.
You will get a few days to "try" Windows 10, to see if your computer is compatible.
If so, then purchase a product-key.

Given that you have 4GB of RAM, the 32-bit versions of Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10) will only use 3.2 GB of your RAM.
Try the 64-bit version of Windows 10, to use all 4.0 GB.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.