cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DV6 laptop is not booting up

HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6-6105tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I got DV6-6105tx laptop. Last evening suddenly it got hang with black screen and some noisy sound from speaker (I was seeing video). I got to force shutdown it. Later I tried to switch ON. It is just keep on showing Windows booting icon for sometimes and gets Off automatically. 

Once it showed recovery option, but after recovery finish and restart, still it is just showing Windows booting icon.

I have purchased my laptop on 2011. 

Please help me to fix this. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Bala15,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a wonderful place to find answers and information!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you were watching a video when you heard a unusual noise from the speaker and the notebook shut off.

When you tried to reboot it went to  the Windows booting logo and automatically shut down. Once it did show a recovery option but once if completed and did a restart  it again when to the Windows loading screen and  hung.

Was the notebook hot when this occurred?

Here are two links to assist you.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

HP Desktops and Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue.

If the issue remains, can you start up in safe mode?  HP PCs - Windows 8 Safe Mode.

To rule out hardware as the issue here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

If the hardware all passes and the issue remains, I suggest doing a recovery back to factory.

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)

If you have not previously done a backup you will have that opportunity during the recovery .

HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7)

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this provided a resolution please tell people by choosing solution provided. This will allow it to be found with greater ease.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation