cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP DV7 6135dx. Can't install ATI Catalyst Control Center. Need help!

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion DV7 6135dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi! Have laptop HP DV7-6135dx. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I can't install Catalyst Control Center.

I see in "Hardware" Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics and Radeon (TM) HD 6490M like video adapters. Both this cards look like drivers installed completely.

Hardwa.png

I'm trying to install CCC to have choice to select one or another card.

I've download all video drivers for this laptop model.

I've try to install:

1. AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver 8.830.6.2000 Rev. Oct 5, 2014

2. AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver 8.882.2.3000 Jul 31, 2014

3. Reference driver 12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4

4. Autodetect ATI Driver Software and it was install some driver.

Always i have error message "Application Install:install package error" and installation process interrupted.

2.png

I've try to fully uninstall all video drivers and install them from beginign, have try to clean system and registry by CCleaner, i think i've try everything but can't install CCC. It's always stuck with error.

This is log ATI CCC screen

log.png

Before i have install new Windows 7 i have seen on previous Windows 7 Catalyst....

I don't know why i can install it. Can you help me please? :Surprise:

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kotan,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  If you are downloading this from the AMD site it may not work.  The video chipset is built by AMD Radeon however it is propriatary.  Unless you download the software for the system from the notebooks support site it may not work.  As well you have to check to see if that notebook was released or was given windows 7 as an os.

Here is the link to the support page.

HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC - Software and Drivers

If your system came with it pre- loaded then you can do a system recovery to get it back.  You will have to back up all your data before this.

HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)

Please let me know how things go.  Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have try to install all video drivers from HP support for my laptop model. It install only Intel graphic card, but i can't install drivers for Radeon (i mean Catalyst Control Center). I have Windows 7, and i haven't recocery disk. Why your drivers didn'n install!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 20 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have switchable graphics right? On windows 7 last version of AMD Driver working on switchable graphics is 14.4 (you can find it on leshcatlabs or amd website). After 14.4 amd is making a new kind of switchable graphics, the ones that you dont change gpu by switch menu, but by application, what i recommend to do is, if you want the last version of amd, i recommend to you change for windows 10. on windows 10 last version of amd driver works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, i have switchable graphic, but i can't install Control Catalyst Center to make possible change graphic card. Drivers installed ok. I've try to install HP official drivers, ATI drivers, leshcatlabs drivers. Always i have error. Drivers install, but CCC no.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 20 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so, with switchable graphics on win7 last version that supports its only the amd catalyst 14.4. What i recommend is, you to choose if you want to stay with win7 you should try that 14.4 (on amd or leshcatlabs), or you choose to upgrade to win10 and then you can update to last version. your choice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have try to install  14.4  CCC from amd and from leshcatlabs, always receive "install package failure" like on screen 2. ((

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 20 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so, you have only one chance, need to make a total recovery of win7, install all updates and then upgrade to win10

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation