cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dayvidpriddy
Author
Level 2
20 13 0 1
Message 11 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dude I won't be home until this evening, then I can help.  I'm not sure why either but for some reason my "SwSetup" folder has both the 32 and 64 bit versions.  According to the uninstall program feature in the control panel, the drivers are a "windows compatible" version...meaning they are not "offical drivers" for the card...just as I thought.  So they do work, but they don't work as good as the offical ones will...whenever that happens lol.

But like I mentioned above a few minutes ago, if you check out my particular system's page for the drivers:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=4063&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4121361 you can clearly see where they have updated the name of the card to the 320M however when you click on it the description reverts back to the 230M and the date it was released still goes back to the December...so I know that driver is not for the 320M.  Not sure if HP is in the middle updating everything, and they haven't finished or what but it's quite suspicous if you ask me.  People are now going to think "oh great they finally updloaded the correct drivers", they will download and attempt to install and run into the same issue again...

I'll need an E-Mail address so I can send you the file via sendspace.com when I get home.  Be creative with how you list it here so spammers can't grab it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
joe_chip
4 4 0 0
Message 12 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey man, thanx for the help.

I'm at [email address removed for privacy.]

Cheers!

Basel
5 4 0 0
Message 13 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good news guys, I just got an email followup from a chat session I had with HP. Check the drivers page, the 320M driver is up! It's not the 230 anymore!

Haven't personally tried it, but hopefully this solves our problem 🙂

Edit: Crap, apparently this isn't right... DAMNIT HP.

Dayvidpriddy
Author
Level 2
20 13 0 1
Message 14 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I take it you didn't read my post from last night?  On the main page it's listed/changed as the 320M but it's not the 320M...it's still the 230M!  When you click on the driver link to take you to the page for the driver, if you read in the description, it shows it's still the 230M.  I tried to install it lastnight just out of curiousity and indeed it will not install.

HP is trying to pull scams...

Basel
5 4 0 0
Message 15 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yup I failed to read your post, was just too excited about the possibility of HP actually giving us a driver that works.

I was looking at the Envy 15 as an alternative, and even THAT video card is a rebranded card. At this moment, I'm not even going to bother with HP anymore, I'm going for the Dell Studio XPS 16. Just waiting for a good deal or coupon.

Dayvidpriddy
Author
Level 2
20 13 0 1
Message 16 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would strongly reconsider dismissing HP's high end notebooks.  They are the best looking/loaded ones out there!  I'm a former Dell customer of 10 years and I'm glad I switched, despite the video driver issue right now.  Dell is lacking big time with hardware, availability, etc...there are drivers for the 320M card that come preinstalled on the system (just make sure you back up the swsetup folder before wiping the drive and then you can reinstall them.  They are not "offical" drivers for the card, but they are NVidia and my display is breath taking!  The offical drivers for the card will come out eventually.  According to NVidia (I contacted them via E-Mail) they 320M card drivers will be out in  March (which is their next quarterly update.)

Don't get Dell...and I never thought I'd ever say that lol.

alxgreen
1 1 0 1
Message 17 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi guys,

i've got pavilion dv6 2130ej laptop, it has gt 320m card, too. here's the download link for the driver:
http://rapidshare.com/files/350943037/320Gt.rar

you can try it on dv7.

Dayvidpriddy
Author
Level 2
20 13 0 1
Message 18 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is not an offical driver for the card, it's a driver HP edited to make work with the card for now (that is available in the swsetup folder on the C drive.)  According to NVidia there has been no offical driver package released  yet for the card to any pc vendor and won't be until March.

Tags (1)
Cloudyblue
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi alxgreen!

many thanks for this upload!

This driver worked fine!!!!

THX

Cloudy

Sanchertx
Level 8
Level 8
923 876 66 357
Message 20 of 42
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All,

We will have a new driver available hopefully by the end of the week to support the 320M video

the originally driver is located in the SWSETUP folder if you did a recovery or Win 7 upgrade.

The driver will be posted on our FTP site first and then translated onto the Support page.soon after that.

The softpaq release number is  SP47611  /  to supersede current driver SP46506 which can support 320m and backward compatible to 230M.

It will be located in this folder when released. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation