cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
9 5 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DV8-1110EA - Touch sensitive bar is mental. Am I covered for anything?

Hey, I've had the touch sensitive top bar issue for quite a while now... it's only recently that its really started to wind me up. Its always plugged into Ethernet and its not been an issue because of that. Now that I've started to use the WiFi alot more it's really starting to wind me up as its unusable. Same goes for bluetooth.

It's constantly turning on/off/on/off/on/off. Posted a video to my YT Channel as well to show others whats going on. Another to my FB.

What I wanna know is, am I covered for anything outside of warranty? Says my warranty has expired but this isn't a wear and tear issue. It's a defect with the product that HP have sold me.

Seeing this issue all over the forum for quite a while, it's not a problem with my laptop directly but a problem with what they've manufactured and sold. It shows that the aren't testing their products and they're just releasing hundreds of different models willy nilly.

Trying to get in touch with support has pretty much taken me in a circle as I just reach pages that say: BUY HP CARE PACKAGES!! 

What I want is HP to fix this. the dv8-1110ea cost me £900 so what I expected was as premium laptop. If they can't be bothered to make sure the laptop works or to look after their customers who are willing to spend £900 on a laptop then obviously they're only interested in a short term profit... am I really expected to come back and spend another £900 from HP when its time for an upgrade?

So am I covered in any way or is it now my job to anti-market these things across YT and FB for being taken for a fool?

Developer of Konoro Kingdom (http://www.konoro.org/)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
4,523 4,426 238 1,228
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DV8-1110EA - Touch sensitive bar is mental. Am I covered for anything?

See this thread, my first post.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/dv8-and-HDX-Series-OSD-Pop-Up-Solution/td-p/816295

If it's out of warrantee, HP will not help you, that simple.  :Crying:

So far the solution in the link has worked 100% when done correctly.

The original idea to apply the static shielding came from an engineer who started posting here on the forums, and his name is Brian.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation