cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP Dreamscreen 100 Weather application stopped updating. WeatherBug APIs discontinued.

HP Recommended

My Dreamscreen 100 weather application has stopped updating on Apr 2, 2014.  Email from WeatherBug support team indicates that the service RSS APIs the weather application use have been discontinued, and a "Pulse API" now needs to be used.  

Is anyone at HP working on a fix to this problem, or has the Dreamscreen been forgotten and no longer supported?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just got off the phone with a case manager at HP Escalations Team who informs me that HP no longer provides any support for this product, not since Oct 2013. He said there is nothing HP can do since it's because of Weather Bug changing the API data feed method. Very frustrating, however, feel this is the end of the line...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have read your suggested "fix" and although it sounds tempting, it's far too advanced for my skill level. Wish there was an easier way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
595 590 46 370
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Here is the support page for the Dreamscreen:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3935830&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_...

I didn't see anything on there that would resolve this. The old APIs are not being used for a reason, and there are no hardware of software changes available for that device.

This is a really old product, and when a product is this old it doesn't surprise me that some of the apps that were running on it are no longer being updated.

Your best bet, use the features that still work.

sorry

bill

I'm an HP employee
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bill, good to hear from an HP employee in this forum.  Several of us have open cases with HP and in my case have been in contact with a case manager who is investigating what remedies may be available.  

Its unfortunate the product is discontinued and that none of the SDK/ tools were made available for owners and hobbyists to maintain the product.  

That is what I'd like my case manager to seek out - the SDK and tools used to program the device.  I cant imagine HP 'simply threw them away.'

Workarounds can be made, however, would think that HP could solve this relatively quickly and at low cost, even though 'not supported.'  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
69 68 1 7
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bill (ibfrenchy) - to reiterate - I understand DreamScreen is no longer supported by HP - it's dead.  

What I'm looking for is the software tools and documents that were used to build the software in DreamScreen.  I find it difficult to believe that HP simply 'threw them out'.

The ask is for HP to find the SDK/tools and documents and make them available in the public domain or opensourced.  

This would give consumers a chance to maintain the product.  No further support from HP would be required or pursued.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
595 590 46 370
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey JTashiro,

while that sounds really simple to do, it isn't. The hosting of the tools and the requests for support, etc. it is just not possible.

sorry

bill

I'm an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Funny thing is: my BlackBerry suddenly stopped sending AOL outgoing email only last Wed...after a call to them, and after learining there were other similar cases, BlackBerry contacted AOL directly and they solved the problem within 48 hours...

Sounds like some lessons HP and Weather Bug might benefit from. BlackBerry and AOL have customer service as a priority...maybe HP and Weather Bug might be willing to work out the details in order to restore service...it has to be a mouse click only to restore this...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
15 14 0 2
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"This is a really old product, and when a product is this old it doesn't surprise me that some of the apps..."

I bought mine brand new from the HP store in 2010.  Honestly, it doesn't seem appropriate to call this "a really old product"...

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation