cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
colinramsay100 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 15-j143na case broken at the hinge screw fixing

HP ENVY 15-j143na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I would like to understand how my problem will be dealt with as I am now working with a machine which is very physically fragile and I would like to get it fixed as quickly as possible so that no further damage is done to the machine.

My machine is covered by warranty, but going through ww.hp.com/contacthp the site didn't agree.  So I put in my details and attached the invoice for the machine which says that I have a Care Pack which means that it still is in warranty.  Now I need to wait for 1 day until I get a response?  Very disappointingly, the page where I filled these details in did not even send me a "receipt" email, so I need to wait 1 day, hope that my warranty validation request was actually made, and hope for a response.  If I don't get a response, how then do I get back in touch (via what medium, I wonder?  it seems that I am not allowed to make a phone call?)

So, hopefully this will be resolved by tomorrow.  At that point I can then type in again a description of the fault.

Then what will happen?  I wait another day for someone to call me?  How many days will this take?  What can't I just phone someone?  Or even go on a "chat"?  I'm not allowed to do that as my warranty has expired (except that it hasn't actually expired - that's an HP mistake).

The problem is that the case has broken at the location of the screws near the hinges on one side.  The screw on one side fell out and the one on the other side was loose, which seems to be the case because the case has cracked at the point where it locates.  So I can't tighten it up to hold the case together.  The hinges nearly pop out every time I open or close the laptop.  OPening or closing the screen is a two person operation.  I need to get someone to open the screen very slowly while I hold the bottom section of the laptop against the desk at the two hinges.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation